Wednesday, October 18, 2006

 

Control Your Ego and Get More!

You want more out of life? Then control your ego.

What am I talking about? I mean if you want to be a serious player in this life, learn to “get over yourself”. Control your ego. Quit waisting your time thinking about what you want the world to give you. Just concentrate on doing what you love doing. And, learn to do that thing well. Your very best. Bring it up to the quality and standard that you are capable of doing.

I’ll give you a couple perfect examples of what I am talking about. Take martial arts for an example. I am a 2nd Degree Black Belt (2nd Dan) in Tae Kwon Do. It took me seven years to get that ranking. During this period you have a Master and Instructors watching you and challenging you. If you don’t have a positive mind set, you can end up getting teed off at the entire program.

In order to avoid this, you need to control your ego and remember why you are there. Of course the obvious answer is, you are there to learn the art of Tae Kwon Do. This gives you sustaining power to pursue your objective. Tae Kwon Do is just one example. It can be anything which you are attempting to do. See Tony Robbins Awake The Giant Within

Learning to control your ego has many positive practical side effects. Remember, “The meek shall inherit the earth.”

Here is another example. Part of my weekly workout routine includes swimming laps at the indoor pool several times a week. Swimmers always have priority over walkers. (People swimming laps in the pool vs. people walking laps in the pool) Rather then kicking the “walker” out of the swim lane so I can swim, which creates antagonisms, I would just put off the swim for another day.

Finally I decided to play Mr. Nice Guy and ask the “walker” to share the “lane” with me.( The lanes are actually wide enough for two people to navigate nicely.) The walker is normally happy to share the lane with a swimmer. They know they could be kicked out of the lane, if the swimmer wants to be hard case. The end result of controlling my ego and being a nice guy is I get to swim more and I am not getting a lot of people mad at me. Yeah, the “walker” gets to keep on walking. It’s a win-win situation for everyone. Control your ego and get more!

Spiritual leaders confirm the wisdom of self-control. You can find historical references to the advisability of self-control both in Judeo-Christian and Confucian-Buddhism teachings. That is, words to the effect- There is more honor and glory controlling one-self than controlling an entire army. It goes back to what all of the World Masters have said-You have to give to get.

If you want to get more of life, you have to control your ego.Try Standing For Your Greatness

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?